Fabrication of an Electrolytic Cleaning Tank for the Steel Industry
Maumee Valley Fabricators performs custom process equipment fabrication for customers in a variety of industries. This 27' x 6' x 21.5' tall electrolytic cleaning tank was fabricated for the steel industry. The tank is used to remove rust from steel using an electrolyte solution. We welcome challenging projects and are proud of the way our entire manufacturing staff came together to complete this large scale fabrication project. The tank is made of carbon steel and required pre-machining inspection of the tank halves before assembly as well as final inspection of the completed tank.
Tank components were cut and bent to tolerances of ±.005"using our plasma cutting table and press brake equipment. The components were then welded by our certified welders per AWS D1.1 structural welding standards. Total turnaround time on this project was 17 weeks to our customer in Irving, PA. For more information about this custom process equipment project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Fabrication of an Electrolytic Cleaning Tank - Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This cleaning tank removes rust from steel using an electrolyte solution.
- Metal Fabrication Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Plasma burn table, press brake, AWS D1.1 welding specs
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 21.5 ft. tall, x 27 ft. long x 6 ft. wide
- Tightest Tolerances
- Plus or minus .005"
- Material Used
- Carbon steel
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Pre-machining inspection, each tank half inspection & final tank assembly inspection
- Industry for Use
- Steel Industry
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 17 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Irvin, PA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name
- CA Line Electrolytic Cleaning Tank